HBase >> mail # dev >> VOTE: hbase-0.95.1 release candidate 0 is available for download

Re: VOTE: hbase-0.95.1 release candidate 1 is available for download
Hi,

I've tried to test the hadoop2 maven release with ycsb.

If I build hbase locally, with
 mvn clean install -DskipTests -Dhadoop.profile=2.0
then I can compile ycsb, providing 0.95.1 as the hbase version.
=> Compilation & execution works.

If I provide 0.95.0-hadoop2-SNAPSHOT (the version found in
https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots/org/apache/hbase,
but there is a bunch of files with different dates there)

Then it builds, but I have a failure on execution.
Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.apache.hadoop.net.NetUtils.getInputStream(Ljava/net/Socket;)Ljava/io/InputStream;
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcClient$Connection.setupIOstreams(RpcClient.java:814)

When I dig with mvn dependency:tree, I see hadoop2 dependencies only, as
expected.

=> Is that the version to use? If not, which one should I use, from which
repo?
As well, by default, we don't configure log4j, so we don't have anything on
screen: log4j does not output to screen by default for security reasons (if
the data is confidential). We should probably change this.

Cheers,

Nicolas