Hadoop >> mail # user >> Which release to use?

RE: Which release to use?

Tom,

I'm not sure that you're really honoring the purpose and approach of this list.

I mean on the one hand, you're not under any obligation to respond or participate on the list. And I can respect that. You're not in an S&D role so you're not 'customer facing' and not used to having to deal with these types of questions.

On the other, you're not being free with your information. So when this type of question comes up, it becomes very easy to discount IBM as a release or source provider for commercial support.

Without information, I'm afraid that I may have to make recommendations to my clients that may be out of date.

There is even some speculation from analysts that recent comments from IBM are more of an indication that IBM is still not ready for prime time.

I'm sorry you're not in a position to detail your offering.

Maybe by September you might be ready and then talk to our CHUG?

-Mike