HDFS >> mail # user >> Why hadoop is spawing two map over file size 1.5 KB ?

Why hadoop is spawing two map over file size 1.5 KB ?
Hi All,
  I have very fundamental doubt, I have file having size 1.5KB and block
size is default block size, But i could see two mapper it got creted during
the Job. Could you please help  to get whole picture why it is .

Regards,
samir.
+
Yanbo Liang 2013-03-14, 15:11