MapReduce >> mail # user >> Status of mapred*

Status of mapred*
Will 2.0+ hadoop continue supporting mapred* classes?  Or are they being
phased out.

In particular, it appears to me that the RawLocalFileSystem doesnt work
quite properly with mapred implementations that use the getPos()
functionality inside of RecordReaders, and I was wondering wether I should
look into the patch history of RawLocalFileSystem, or else, just consider
mapred* libraries debunked and approaching irrelevance.

--
Jay Vyas
http://jayunit100.blogspot.com