Hadoop >> mail # user >> Re: so the master just died... now what?

Re: so the master just died... now what?
Hello Tomasz,

Just to add,

Although it says *masters*, the */conf/masters* actually specifies the
machine where *SecondaryNameNode* will run. Master daemons run on the
machine where you execute the start scripts. If you need to change the
master machine, you must make appropriate changes in the *core-site.xml *and
*mapred-site.xml* files. Also, update the IP and hostname  in the *
/etc/hosts* file of your slaves.

Warm Regards,
Tariq
cloudfront.blogspot.com