From: Ryan Rawson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, May 10, 2010 3:40 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: working with versions

The way incrementColumnValue plays with versions is not super clean -
it needs to create new versions at times that are due to technical
necessity not due to business logic.

At SU we have a data scheme where we put the date in the key and then
use incrementColumnValue to keep the column data part up to date.  For
example your year table might have the key '2010' and '2009' only.
For the day you would do something like "2010-05-09'.  And so on.
This makes it both easy to read, easy to sort and fairly clean to
query.

Good luck!
-ryan