HBase, mail # user - Put while move or split

+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2012-12-02, 22:10
+
Nicolas Liochon 2012-12-02, 23:33
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2012-12-03, 02:53
+
Nicolas Liochon 2012-12-03, 09:43
Re: Put while move or split
ramkrishna vasudevan 2012-12-03, 03:45
Hi Jean

Incase of Puts and Scans if the split is in progress it will retry.
 Suppose before the client gets to know about the split, still if the put
is directed with the parent region row key, internally HBase directs it to
the correct daughter region.
But i am not clear in what you mean by Region server down for 3 mins?  You
mean during split your RS went down?

Regards
Ram
On Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 8:23 AM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> wrote:

> Ok. so if on the client side I'm "simply" using Puts, scans and gets
> fron the HTableInterface, I don't have to worry about that since it
> will retry.
>
> But I still should consider catching exceptions when regions are not
> available because the region server is down for less than 3 minutes,
> right?
>
> Thanks,
>
> JM
>
> 2012/12/2, Nicolas Liochon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> > It's not accessible, but it's more or less transparent (latency impact
> > aside) for the end user: the hbase client will retry the operation.
> >
> > On Sun, Dec 2, 2012 at 11:10 PM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari <
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> >> ?

+
Michel Segel 2012-12-03, 10:23