Colin McCabe 2013-02-17, 21:48
Andrew Purtell 2013-02-18, 02:35
Stack 2013-02-18, 01:49
Tsz Wo Sze 2013-02-18, 22:03
Todd Lipcon 2013-02-20, 00:11
Patrick Angeles 2013-02-20, 18:08
Tsz Wo Sze 2013-02-20, 19:56
Tsz Wo Sze 2013-02-20, 23:01
Todd Lipcon 2013-02-20, 23:06
Todd Lipcon 2013-02-20, 23:06
Tsz Wo Sze 2013-02-20, 23:08
Todd Lipcon 2013-02-20, 23:13
Suresh Srinivas 2013-02-20, 23:31
Todd Lipcon 2013-02-20, 23:40
Suresh Srinivas 2013-02-21, 00:04
Todd Lipcon 2013-02-21, 00:12
Suresh Srinivas 2013-02-21, 00:28
Chris Douglas 2013-02-21, 00:29
Aaron T. Myers 2013-02-21, 01:12
Suresh Srinivas 2013-02-21, 15:40
Andrew Purtell 2013-02-21, 01:32
Chris Douglas 2013-02-21, 21:24
Tsz Wo Sze 2013-02-21, 22:15
Eli Collins 2013-02-22, 21:55
Tsz Wo Sze 2013-02-23, 02:32
Aaron T. Myers 2013-02-23, 02:40
Tsz Wo Sze 2013-02-24, 00:23
+
Eli Collins 2013-02-25, 18:24
+
Tsz Wo Sze 2013-02-25, 20:50
+
Eli Collins 2013-02-25, 21:16
Re: VOTE: HDFS-347 merge
On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 1:16 PM, Eli Collins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I think we need a transition period when any kinks are worked out of
> 347 but I don't think we need one alpha/beta release where both
> mechanisms are supported (because 2246 was just a short term solution
> rather than a long term commitment).  Ideally we'd get 347 in branch-2
> for 2.0.4-beta and have that release to address issues that come up to
> fix for GA.  Cloudera is actively testing 347 and parts of the
> community are eager to pick it up so I think that would work out
> timing wise.  Reasonable?

ATM's suggestion of removing HDFS-2246 in trunk, but not branch-2, is
a rational compromise: it allows some period for others to adapt, but
not an indefinite one. It's not clear what you're proposing, if
anything.

Nicholas/Suresh: have you had a chance to review HDFS-347, yet? -C

> On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 12:50 PM, Tsz Wo Sze <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> I agree that HDFS-2246 is a short term solution and we should not keep it there forever.  However, we still need a transition period to replace an old mechanism by a new one.  No?
>>
>> Tsz-Wo
>>

>> ________________________________

+
Suresh Srinivas 2013-02-26, 00:09