HBase >> mail # user >> Controlling TableMapReduceUtil table split points

+
David Koch 2013-01-06, 12:37
+
Ted Yu 2013-01-06, 16:11
Re: Controlling TableMapReduceUtil table split points
Hi Ted,

Thank you for your response. I will take a look.

With regards to the timeouts: I think changing the key design as outlined
above would ameliorate the situation since each map call only requests a
small amount of data as opposed to what could be a large chunk. I remember
that simply doing a get on one of the large outlier rows (~500mb) brought
down the region server involved.

/David

On Sun, Jan 6, 2013 at 5:11 PM, Ted Yu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> If events for one user are processed by a single mapper, I think you would

+
Ted Yu 2013-01-06, 16:47
+
Dhaval Shah 2013-01-06, 17:29