HBase >> mail # user >> Controlling TableMapReduceUtil table split points

Re: Controlling TableMapReduceUtil table split points
Hi Ted,

Thank you for your response. I will take a look.

With regards to the timeouts: I think changing the key design as outlined
above would ameliorate the situation since each map call only requests a
small amount of data as opposed to what could be a large chunk. I remember
that simply doing a get on one of the large outlier rows (~500mb) brought
down the region server involved.

/David