HDFS, mail # user - Program trying to read from local instead of hdfs

Re: Program trying to read from local instead of hdfs
Mohammad Tariq 2013-01-18, 01:04
Which Hadoop version are you using? That post is quite old.
Try the same same thing using the new API. Also, modify the
above 2 lines to :

conf.addResource(new
File("/hadoop/projects/hadoop-1.0.4/conf/core-site.xml").getAbsoluteFile().toURI().toURL());
conf.addResource(new
File("/hadoop/projects/hadoop-1.0.4/conf/hdfs-site.xml").getAbsoluteFile().toURI().toURL());

Sometimes if the resource is added as a String and not as s URL,
it is interpreted as a classpath resource, which I think is not getting
resolved here.

Let me know if this works. Just to confirm whether I am correct
or not.

Warm Regards,
Tariq
https://mtariq.jux.com/