HDFS >> mail # user >> Program trying to read from local instead of hdfs

Re: Program trying to read from local instead of hdfs
Which Hadoop version are you using? That post is quite old.
Try the same same thing using the new API. Also, modify the
above 2 lines to :

conf.addResource(new
File("/hadoop/projects/hadoop-1.0.4/conf/core-site.xml").getAbsoluteFile().toURI().toURL());
conf.addResource(new
File("/hadoop/projects/hadoop-1.0.4/conf/hdfs-site.xml").getAbsoluteFile().toURI().toURL());

Sometimes if the resource is added as a String and not as s URL,
it is interpreted as a classpath resource, which I think is not getting
resolved here.

Let me know if this works. Just to confirm whether I am correct
or not.

Warm Regards,
Tariq
https://mtariq.jux.com/