Hadoop >> mail # dev >> [VOTE] Hadoop release candidate 1.2.0-rc1

+
Matt Foley 2013-05-06, 18:11
+
Matt Foley 2013-05-06, 18:36
+
Matt Foley 2013-05-10, 16:44
+
Jason Lowe 2013-05-11, 01:35
+
Matt Foley 2013-05-11, 19:02
+
Jason Lowe 2013-05-13, 01:23
+
Chris Nauroth 2013-05-13, 03:27
+
Suresh Srinivas 2013-05-10, 21:45
+
Chris Douglas 2013-05-13, 20:13
+
Matt Foley 2013-05-13, 20:32
Re: [VOTE] Hadoop release candidate 1.2.0-rc1
The vote passed and we have accepted Hadoop version 1.2.0 for release:
+1 binding: 4 (1 slightly late)
+1 non-binding: 1
0 none
-1 none

Thanks to all who voted.
I'll finish publishing the release tonight and announce it to general@ in
the morning.

Best regards,
--Matt
release manager
On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 1:32 PM, Matt Foley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Chris,
> Unless I screwed up my build, hadoop-1.2.0.tar.gz includes the built
> artifacts as well as full buildable source and docs.
> Hadoop-1.2.0-bin.tar.gz is intended to contain only the built artifacts
> ("binaries") and deliberately excludes the source
> and docs, for those who wish a smaller tarball of binaries only.  The
> artifacts in both are from the same build.
>
> So I'll take your +1 on the source tarball :-)
> Thanks,
> --Matt
>

> On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 1:13 PM, Chris Douglas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
>
>> +1 on hadoop-1.2.0.tar.gz (verified checksums, signature, ran some unit
>> tests)
>>
>> but hadoop-1.2.0-bin.tar.gz is missing the source code and can't be
>> built. -C
>>
>> On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 11:11 AM, Matt Foley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> > Hi all,
>> > I have posted the signed tarballs for Hadoop 1.2.0-rc1 at
>> > http://people.apache.org/~mattf/hadoop-1.2.0-rc1/
>> > Release notes are at:
>> > releasenotes_1.2.0-rc1.html<
>> http://people.apache.org/~mattf/hadoop-1.2.0-rc1/releasenotes_1.2.0-rc1.html
>> >

>> > I'm having a little trouble with Nexus (it seems to have forgotten I
>> exist)
>> > but am working on that and will post to Nexus as soon as possible.
>> >
>> > In the meantime, unless there are objections, I'd like to start the
>> vote.
>> > Please review this release candidate and vote it for release.  Vote
>> will end
>> > in seven days as usual, at 11:30am PDT on Monday 13 May.
>> >
>> > Best regards,
>> > --Matt
>> > (release manager)

+