Hadoop >> mail # general >> [VOTE] Shall we adopt the "Defining Hadoop" page

+
Owen OMalley 2011-06-14, 22:56
+
Allen Wittenauer 2011-06-14, 23:35
+
Steve Loughran 2011-06-15, 09:58
+
Ian Holsman 2011-06-14, 23:38
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2011-06-15, 00:16
+
Eli Collins 2011-06-15, 00:48
+
Allen Wittenauer 2011-06-15, 01:15
+
Eli Collins 2011-06-15, 01:45
+
Allen Wittenauer 2011-06-15, 02:46
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2011-06-15, 02:51
+
Steve Loughran 2011-06-15, 09:52
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2011-06-15, 15:58
+
Steve Loughran 2011-06-17, 11:01
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2011-06-17, 18:17
+
Steve Loughran 2011-06-20, 12:43
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2011-06-17, 18:12
+
Eli Collins 2011-06-15, 16:23
+
Steve Loughran 2011-06-15, 16:44
+
Eli Collins 2011-06-15, 16:57
+
Rottinghuis, Joep 2011-06-16, 04:24
+
Owen OMalley 2011-06-16, 14:48
+
Eli Collins 2011-06-16, 15:31
+
Steve Loughran 2011-06-15, 09:49
+
Owen OMalley 2011-06-15, 02:45
+
Eli Collins 2011-06-15, 16:40
+
Matthew Foley 2011-06-15, 17:44
+
Matthew Foley 2011-06-15, 18:00
+
Eli Collins 2011-06-16, 01:02
+
Matthew Foley 2011-06-16, 01:17
+
Craig L Russell 2011-06-16, 02:19
+
Ian Holsman 2011-06-16, 02:52
+
Todd Lipcon 2011-06-16, 04:30
+
Ian Holsman 2011-06-16, 04:47
+
Eric Sammer 2011-06-16, 06:35
+
Steve Loughran 2011-06-16, 11:46
+
Owen OMalley 2011-06-16, 15:02
+
Eli Collins 2011-06-16, 15:41
+
Matthew Foley 2011-06-16, 17:17
+
Eli Collins 2011-06-16, 16:05
+
Matthew Foley 2011-06-16, 17:38
+
Eli Collins 2011-06-16, 18:11
+
Eric Baldeschwieler 2011-06-17, 00:35
+
Lawrence Rosen 2011-06-16, 17:27
Re: [VOTE] Shall we adopt the "Defining Hadoop" page
+1 to what Eli says.  If nobody is running official Hadoop according to this
definition, but everybody thinks that they are running hadoop, then this
definition is a bit out of whack.  The source of the dissonance is related
to the fact that release just don't happen often enough in Hadoop.

In addition, I think that the limitations on usage are too strict.  For
instance, if "QuickBooks for Windows" [1] doesn't cause Microsoft to sue
Intuit, then "Joe's Foo for Apache Hadoop" really shouldn't cause any more
grief.

So I would give a (non-binding) -1 to the policy as stated.

[1]
http://quickbooks.intuit.com/product/accounting_software/windows_financial_management_software.jsp

+
Arun C Murthy 2011-06-15, 18:37