Sqoop >> mail # user >> Sqoop - utf-8 data load issue

+
varun kumar gullipalli 2013-07-16, 01:27
Re: Sqoop - utf-8 data load issue
Hi Varun,
we are usually not seeing any issues with transferring text data in UTF. How are
you validating the imported file? I can imagine that your shell might be messing
the encoding.

Jarcec

On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 06:27:25PM -0700, varun kumar gullipalli wrote:

> Hi,
> I am importing data from MySql to HDFS using free-form query import.
> It works fine but facing issue when the data is utf-8.The source(MySql) db is utf-8 compatible but looks like sqoop is converting the data during import.
> Example - The source value - elémeñt is loaded as elémeñt to HDFS.
> Please provide a solution for this.
> Thanks in advance!
+
varun kumar gullipalli 2013-07-16, 01:52
+
Venkat Ranganathan 2013-07-16, 02:19
+
Jarek Jarcec Cecho 2013-07-16, 18:05
+
varun kumar gullipalli 2013-07-16, 23:24
+
Jarek Jarcec Cecho 2013-07-17, 15:36
+
varun kumar gullipalli 2013-07-18, 00:42
+
sumit ghosh 2013-07-18, 21:13
+
Jarek Jarcec Cecho 2013-07-21, 16:57
+
varun kumar gullipalli 2013-07-23, 04:30
+
Jarek Jarcec Cecho 2013-07-23, 15:30