Hadoop >> mail # dev >> multiple datanodes on single node cluster

Re: multiple datanodes on single node cluster

On Feb 25, 2009, at 11:55 PM, lohit wrote:

> It is possible to run multiple datanodes.
> You would have to have separate conf file for each datanode,
> basically you need to have different datanode address
> (dfs.datanode.address and related)
> and different storage directories dfs.data.dir. Have different
> configs and start each datanode instance with different conf
> directory containing different conf file
> Lohit

The minicluster also allows multiple data nodes in the same JVM.
This normally used only for testing. See DataNodeCluster under src/test.
This is probably not what you are looking for but I thought I would
mention it.
sanjay