Flume >> mail # user >> Lock contention in FileChannel

Re: Lock contention in FileChannel
Since the channel is designed to make sure that events are not duplicated to multiple sinks, and to protect against corruption due to concurrency issues, we do not need the locking in the channel's flume event queue. It is unlikely that locking is what is causing performance issues because the channel is heavily I/O bound. If you take a series of thread dumps, you will probably see that those threads are moving forward and the ones reading/writing from/to disk are the ones which are slower. These locks are unlikely to hit performance much.

Thanks,
Hari