Accumulo >> mail # dev >> Jenkins Notifications on Dev list

Jenkins Notifications on Dev list
All-

I'm wondering if it might make more sense to send the Jenkins build
notifications to the notifications list, rather than the dev list.

I see two advantages:

1) The dev list is more "pure" in terms of humans-only, which can make
it easier for developers to interact without feeling spammed.
2) Those who don't want to see any automated notifications can filter
them out more easily.

And one disadvantage:

1) Developers signed up to the dev list may not want to sign up for a
second list to get notifications about build failures they caused with
their commits.

The disadvantage can be mitigated, I think, if Jenkins is smart enough
to know who caused the commit that failed, and can be configured to
send a notice back to that person directly, in addition to the
notifications list.

(Also, on a related note, I've attached the importable GMail filters
that I use which you may find useful to organize your GMail. Feel free
to use.)

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii