Pig >> mail # user >> STORE skipped in pigUnit test?

STORE skipped in pigUnit test?
I'm trying to test a custom LOAD class, which also contains the code for
STORE.

I put in a STORE in my pigUnit script. but the resulting file is never
created.

is STORE always skipped in pigUnit?  in my case I'm not even checking the
corresponding var to be stored in my pigUnit code. i.e. my pig script is
like:

input = load ....

output_var = foreach input generate ....

STORE output_var INTO ..... USING MyCustomLoad();

my junit is like:
PigTest t = new PigTest("src/test/resources/my_test.pig");

t.assertOutput("input", new String[]{ "(123,456)" }
Thanks
Yang