Accumulo >> mail # user >> [VOTE] accumulo-1.4.2 RC3

+
Eric Newton 2012-10-23, 13:12
Re: [VOTE] accumulo-1.4.2 RC3
+1

I did the following checks

 * Signature and hashes look good.
 * Poked at the critical bug fixes that are supposed to be in 1.4.2
that looks good.
 * Docs and native libs are there
 * Was able to build against the maven staging repo
 * Ran continuous ingest for a bit and verified, that was ok
 * Source tar ball is exactly the same as the tag
 * Was able to build from src tar ball

I noticed that the dist tar ball does not have an empty logs or walogs
dir.  This adds a speedbump when trying to run from the dist tar ball.
 Tservers will not start w/ default config until logs dir is created.
 I was going to flag this as an issue, howerver it seems that 1.4.0
and 1.4.1 also have this issue.   I thought this was something new.

On Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 9:12 AM, Eric Newton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Please vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache Accumulo
> version 1.4.2.
>
> The src tar ball was generated by exporting:
>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/accumulo/tags/1.4.2rc3
>
> To build the dist tar ball from the source run the following command:
>    src/assemble/build.sh
>
> Tarballs, checksums, signatures:
>   http://people.apache.org/~ecn/1.4.2rc3
>
> Maven Staged Repository:
>   https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheaccumulo-159
>
> Keys:
>   http://www.apache.org/dist/accumulo/KEYS
>
> Changes:
>   https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/accumulo/tags/1.4.2rc3/CHANGES
>
> The vote will be held open for the next 72 hours.
>
> The only change from RC2 was ACCUMULO-826.

+
Josh Elser 2012-10-26, 05:09
+
Jason Trost 2012-10-26, 14:17