HBase, mail # dev - deprecating (old) metrics in favor of metrics2 framework

+
Ted Yu 2012-07-07, 14:23
+
Jonathan Hsieh 2012-07-09, 16:28
+
Ted Yu 2012-07-09, 16:35
+
Ted Yu 2012-07-09, 19:28
+
Elliott Clark 2012-07-09, 21:34
+
lars hofhansl 2012-07-09, 23:47
+
Ted Yu 2012-07-09, 23:52
+
lars hofhansl 2012-07-09, 23:56
+
Otis Gospodnetic 2012-07-10, 04:05
+
Ted Yu 2012-07-10, 08:45
+
Gary Helmling 2012-07-10, 18:26
+
Ted Yu 2012-07-10, 19:02
+
Gary Helmling 2012-07-10, 20:29
+
Ted Yu 2012-07-10, 20:35
+
Gary Helmling 2012-07-10, 20:55
+
Ted Yu 2012-07-10, 21:03
+
Alex Baranau 2012-07-10, 22:24
+
Elliott Clark 2012-07-10, 22:33
+
Ted Yu 2012-07-10, 23:14
+
Andrew Purtell 2012-07-10, 23:54
+
Elliott Clark 2012-07-10, 23:58
+
Alex Baranau 2012-07-11, 16:29
+
Elliott Clark 2012-07-11, 17:50
+
Andrew Purtell 2012-07-11, 18:57
+
Elliott Clark 2012-07-12, 02:07
+
Stack 2012-07-12, 08:23
Re: deprecating (old) metrics in favor of metrics2 framework
Elliott Clark 2012-07-13, 00:11
>From what I know about using guice it's best to only have on injector per
application.  So It's not really possible to only implement metrics with
guice.  There would need to be a medium amount of of work to pipe it all
the way from HMasterCommandLine/HRegionserverCommandLine alll the way to
metrics.  Probably something we should look into after the current patch
goes in so that we don't couple the two discussions too tightly.

On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 1:23 AM, Stack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 4:07 AM, Elliott Clark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > Yep.  This is pretty darn close to DI.  I would be willing to change the
> > patch that I just put up to use Guice if that's what people wanted.  I
> know
> > some of our classes could use some DI loving to help with testability.
> >

> So, you think we could Guice the metrics and then over time, Guice
> everything else Elliott?
> St.Ack

+
Elliott Clark 2012-07-10, 21:01