Hadoop >> mail # user >> Multi user Hadoop 0.20.205 ?

Re: Multi user Hadoop 0.20.205 ?
Why do you want multiple users starting daemons?

As for submitting jobs, that should work out of the box. If you want the child JVMs running the map and reduce tasks to execute as the submitting user, then you need to configure your cluster with Kerberos.

The CDH3 security guide (https://ccp.cloudera.com/display/CDHDOC/CDH3+Security+Guide) has a good tutorial that should apply to the 0.20.20x and 1.0.0 releases as well.

-Joey