HDFS >> mail # user >> question about ZKFC daemon

Re: question about ZKFC daemon
Hi,

There are two different things here: Automatic Failover and Quorum
Journal Manager. The former, used via a ZooKeeper Failover Controller,
is to manage failovers automatically (based on health checks of NNs).
The latter, used via a set of Journal Nodes, is a medium of shared
storage for namesystem transactions that helps enable HA.

In a typical deployment, you want 3 or more (odd) JournalNodes for
reliable HA, preferably on nodes of their own if possible (like you
would for typical ZooKeepers, and you may co-locate with those as
well) and one ZKFC for each NameNode (connected to the same ZK
quorum).

--
Harsh J