Zookeeper >> mail # dev >> reverse name lookup?

+
Marshall McMullen 2012-05-22, 04:31
+
Flavio Junqueira 2012-05-22, 07:19
+
Marshall McMullen 2012-05-23, 15:02
Re: reverse name lookup?
OK, I think I may have found the culprit.

There are lots of places where we call InetSocketAddress.getHostName(). The
documentation on this is worthless, but looking at the openjdk source
code, getHostName
absolutely triggers a reverse DNS lookup.

I'm going to try modifying these to just use the toString function (which
doesn't do the lookup) and see if I get past this problem.

I'll update with progress.