Hive >> mail # user >> Providing a custom serialization.class SerDe property

Providing a custom serialization.class SerDe property
Hello,

In order to provide a custom "serialization.class" to a SerDe, I created a
jar containing all my custom serialization classes and added them to the
hive classpath with "ADD JAR my-classes.jar" command. Now when I try to use
these custom classes via CLI, it still throws me a "ClassNotFoundException"
for those custom classes in my jar.

Is there something that I am missing? I confirmed that 'list jars' is
showing me the custom jar that I added.

Any help would be appreciated.

Swarnim