HBase >> mail # user >> does hbase master need to be a hadoop datanode as well?

does hbase master need to be a hadoop datanode as well?
Hi everyone,

I had a quick question. do I need to be running datanode on the server
that is running hbase master or datanode should be running only on
servers that are running as regionserver?

thanks,
--
Kaveh Minooie