Bigtop >> mail # dev >> Re: [VOTE] Bigtop 0.7.0 RC1

Re: [VOTE] Bigtop 0.7.0 RC1
I tried running some hive queries and they all worked well.

In interest of full-disclosure, I tried running some queries on
hive-server2 and wasn't able to get it to work.
Beeline is unable to detect my tables (that I create through hive-server1)
nor is it able to create new tables for me. Anyone tried doing the same
with more luck than me?

Now:
1. Hive-server1 which allows the users to do the same things (as the new
and improved hive-server2) still works
2. It may be a configuration problem with my environment, fwiw so it may be
just a matter of me spending more time to ensure my setup is correct.

I am refraining from giving an explicit vote here because I would love to
hear from the Bigtop community on how important this issue is in the
context of this voting.

My apologies for not bringing this up any sooner.

Mark