Drill >> mail # dev >> Exception running order by in sqline

+
Timothy Chen 2013-09-04, 17:55
+
Jacques Nadeau 2013-09-04, 18:04
+
Timothy Chen 2013-09-04, 18:39
Re: Exception running order by in sqline
Two problems in this query.

First is you're sorting by a map field.  We don't currently direct map
field expressions.  You need to qualify to a particular scalar or repeated
field.

The second problem is that the current code requires resolution of a field
rather than using * when you're trying to reference it elsewhere.

therefore:
not supported: select * from "sample-data/region.parquet" order by 1 ; (map
keys are not currently referenceable and that is what this currently means)
not supported yet: select * from "sample-data/region.parquet" order by
_MAP['R_REGIONKEY'];  (known issue we should fix in m2 or m3)
supported: select _MAP['R_REGIONKEY'] from "sample-data/region.parquet"
order by _MAP['R_REGIONKEY'];

On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 11:39 AM, Timothy Chen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Jacques,
>
> It i rebased on the top of latest master.
>
> I am using a newer optiq release (0.4.11) so not sure if master has that
> problem.
>
> I will try later once I get a chance.
>
> Tim
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Sep 4, 2013, at 11:04 AM, Jacques Nadeau <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Is this on the tip of master?
> >

> > On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 10:55 AM, Timothy Chen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> I'm getting a exception running a simple select * from
> >> "sample-data/region.parquet" order by 1 ; (or any field actually)
> >>
> >> error_type: 0
> >> message: "Failure while running fragment. < IndexOutOfBoundsException:[
> >> dstIndex: 222 ]"
> >> ]
> >>       at org.apache.drill.sql.client.full.ResultEnumerator.moveNext(R
> >> esultEnumerator.java:44)
> >>       at net.hydromatic.optiq.runtime.ArrayEnumeratorCursor.next(Arra
> >> yEnumeratorCursor.java:44)
> >>
> >> A bit more digging it looks like it's from the RemovingBatchCreator
> trying
> >> to do a copy and getting a index out of bounds in the data valuevector.
> >>
> >> Jacques suggested someone might be looking into this? Is someone
> lookling
> >> at fixing this arleady?
> >>
> >> Tim

+