HBase, mail # user - Is get a private case of scan ?

Re: Is get a private case of scan ?
Stack 2014-01-15, 20:53
On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 5:34 AM, Amit Sela <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I was wondering if Get is implemented as a private case of scan ?
> In HRegion, I see that the get passed is used to construct a Scan object
> for the RegionScanner to use.

A Get is a Scan, yes.
> I was wondering if executing Scan(Get) vs Get from client api should have
> any overhead ?

There are differences in that Get will pread from HDFS where Scan will seek
and read under lock (and only fall back to pread when it notices contention
on the hfile).

Why do you want to Scan(Get) instead of Get?

St.Ack