Hadoop >> mail # dev >> [ANNOUNCE] Hadoop version 1.2.1 (stable) released

+
Matt Foley 2013-08-04, 21:08
+
Matt Foley 2013-08-05, 04:08
+
Chris K Wensel 2013-08-05, 16:43
Re: [ANNOUNCE] Hadoop version 1.2.1 (stable) released
It's still available in archive at
http://archive.apache.org/dist/hadoop/core/.  I can put it back on the main
download site if desired, but the model is that the main download site is
for stuff we actively want people to download.  Here is the relevant quote
from http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HowToRelease , under the "Publishing"
section:

3. The release directory usually contains just two releases, the most
recent from two branches, with a link named 'stable' to the most recent
recommended version.

Quite a few more than two versions have accumulated, because more than two
branches are active.  But within the Hadoop-1 set I've tried to keep it
minimal.  Since 1.2.1 was accepted as a "stable" release, I saw no reason
to keep 1.1.2, since we'd rather people downloaded 1.2.1.  When 1.3.0 is
produced, since it will be "beta" quality, 1.2.1 will of course remain as
the "stable" version.

--Matt

On Mon, Aug 5, 2013 at 9:43 AM, Chris K Wensel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> any particular reason the 1.1.2 releases were pulled from the mirrors (so
> quickly)?
>
> On Aug 4, 2013, at 2:08 PM, Matt Foley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > I'm happy to announce that Hadoop version 1.2.1 has passed its release
> vote
> > and is now available.  It has 18 bug fixes and patches over the previous
> > 1.2.0 release; please see Hadoop 1.2.1 Release
> > Notes<http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r1.2.1/releasenotes.html>for
> > details.  This release of Hadoop-1.2 is now considered
> > *stable*.
> >
> > The next set of release work will focus on producing Hadoop-1.3.0, which
> > will include Windows native compatibility.
> >
> > Thank you,
> > --Matt
> > release manager, hadoop-1
>
> --