HBase, mail # user - is hbase 'checkAndPut' latency significantly higher than simple 'put'?

+
Dhodapkar, Chinmay 2012-11-15, 19:12
Re: is hbase 'checkAndPut' latency significantly higher than simple 'put'?
Jean-Daniel Cryans 2012-11-15, 21:52
The "check" part is basically doing a Get before the Put, and this is where
additional latency would come from. If the Get reads cold data then it's
gonna be a little slower. You could try adding bloom filters on that
family. Benchmarking with straight Puts is also something you should be
doing in order to figure where the slowness comes from.

J-D