Hive >> mail # user >> Re: Multiuser setup on Hive

+
Austin Chungath 2012-11-22, 09:48
+
Alexander Alten-Lorenz 2012-11-22, 09:54
Multiuser setup on Hive
Hi,

I had been trying to set up a multi user environment for hive.
I have set up the hive metastore db in MySQL and hive works.

Consider this scenario:

user1 has created a database data1
user2 has created a database data2

Now user2 logs into hive and he is able to see and delete database data2

How do I prevent this?

Regards,
Austin
+
Bejoy KS 2012-11-22, 06:50
+
Austin Chungath 2012-11-22, 07:12
+
Shreepadma Venugopalan 2012-11-22, 07:40
+
Austin Chungath 2012-11-22, 08:26
+
Dean Wampler 2012-11-22, 14:14