Hive, mail # user - move Hive from one distribution to another

Re: move Hive from one distribution to another
Bejoy KS 2012-08-21, 17:23
Hi Anson

Hive has the EXPORT IMPORT feature  since 0.8 that EXPORTs the table structure as well as data into a file which can be used for IMPORTing back to a new instance. A sample query could be
EXPORT TABLE <table name> TO 'location in hdfs';
IMPORT FROM 'location in hdfs';

For details please refer the following jira

Regards,
Bejoy KS
________________________________
 From: Anson Abraham <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, August 21, 2012 9:58 PM
Subject: move Hive from one distribution to another

I have a hive set of of tables.  Quite a large number of them are not external tables but "internalized hive tables".  I have another hadoop instance up and running.  Is there a way i can migrate the hive data from one instance to another, and then create the hive tables on the new instance?  Can that be done?  Again these tables are not external tables.  So I'm kind of curious.
Thanks,
-Anson