Accumulo >> mail # dev >> Accumulo 1.6 and beyond feature summit

+
Adam Fuchs 2013-01-27, 01:10
+
Josh Elser 2013-01-29, 01:37
Re: Accumulo 1.6 and beyond feature summit
This will be very useful.

Some new features I am thinking about for 1.6 are replication, CAS,
and Percolator.  I would like to put together a bit of an initial
design document for each of these.  I'm thinking that a follow up
online deep dive on the design of each large new 1.6 feature would
also be very useful.

In the coming week I plan to spend most of my time testing,
documenting, fixing bugs, and polishing 1.5.0.  I do not think this
would leave much time to work on 1.6.  So interleaving design
discussion about new 1.6 features while 1.5 is being polished would be
nice.  So once 1.5.0 ships, I would have peer reviewed designs to
start implementing.

Keith

On Sat, Jan 26, 2013 at 8:10 PM, Adam Fuchs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Folks,
>
> Now that we're past feature freeze for 1.5, I'd like to set up a discussion
> of the features that Accumulo developers are interested in for 1.6 and
> beyond. The purpose of this discussion will be to raise awareness of
> projects that you think are cool and important, and to rally the community.
> As a proposed format, let's plan on a series of 2-5 minute presentations of
> individual features -- what it is, why it's important, how should we build
> it, and who needs to help. We'll record the presentations for posterity.
>
> Since the community is now distributed throughout several states, let's try
> our hand at an online discussion. Depending on participation, we'll pick a
> forum that can accomodate everyone. If you're interested in attending,
> please fill out this doodle with what time you would be available:
> http://www.doodle.com/w9zb77ya3ykxr4zv
>
> If you can, please try to fill out the survey by Tuesday afternoon. After
> we get a good feel for times and participation, I'll schedule an online
> forum and send out a meeting invitation. If you would like to present a
> feature, send me an email directly at [EMAIL PROTECTED], and I'll make sure
> you get time to present it.
>
> I look forward to seeing what everyone has up their sleeves!
>
> Cheers,
> Adam
+
Eric Newton 2013-01-27, 20:43