HBase >> mail # user >> hbase deployment using VMs for data nodes and SAN for data storage

+
Pamecha, Abhishek 2012-10-15, 22:00
Re: hbase deployment using VMs for data nodes and SAN for data storage
If you have a SAN, why would you want to use HBase?

-- Lars

________________________________
From: "Pamecha, Abhishek" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, October 15, 2012 3:00 PM
Subject: hbase deployment using VMs for data nodes and SAN for data storage

Hi

We are deciding between using local disks for bare metal hosts Vs VMs using SAN for data storage. I was wondering if anyone has contrasted performance, availability and scalability between these two options?

IMO, This is kinda similar to a typical  AWS or another cloud deployment.

Thanks,
Abhishek
+
Pamecha, Abhishek 2012-10-16, 06:07