Hive >> mail # user >> Help on loading data stream to hive table.

Re: Help on loading data stream to hive table.
You shouldn’t need to write each record to a separate file.  Each Storm bolt should be able to write to it’s own file, appending records as it goes.  As long as you only have one writer per file this should be fine.  You can then close the files every 15 minutes (or whatever works for you) and have a separate job that creates a new partition in your Hive table with the files created by your bolts.

Alan.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE