Hadoop >> mail # dev >> git line endings trouble since recent trunk

Re: git line endings trouble since recent trunk
On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 11:09 AM, Raja Aluri <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> They are not that many that I can think of unless you are using notepad for
> editing, but some of the windows related files might require CRLF. This can
> be handled in .gitattributes
> I think it's a very good idea to add this check to test-patch script and
> reject the patch based on the CRLF check.
> -Raja

I don't see why you would need a hook.  Just set svn:eol-style=crlf on
the file that need CRLF.

> On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 11:00 AM, Alejandro Abdelnur <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
>
>> why not just add a precommit hook in svn to reject commits with CRLF?
>>

>> On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 10:51 AM, Raja Aluri <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> > I added a couple of links that discusses 'line endings' when I added
>> > .gitattributes in this JIRA.
>> > HADOOP-8912<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-8912>
>> >
>> > I am just reproducing them here.
>> >
>> >    1.
>> http://git-scm.com/docs/gitattributes#_checking_out_and_checking_in
>> >    2.
>> >

>> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/170961/whats-the-best-crlf-handling-strategy-with-git

Regardless of what we do or don't do in git, we should have the line
endings correct in subversion.

cheers.
Colin