Hive >> mail # user >> Using hive for (advanced) access log analysis

Re: Using hive for (advanced) access log analysis
Does it really though? When dealing with compressed files, is all the
decompression done in-memory? Is that realistic for all sizes of files? If
not, then doesn't the file have to be decompressed first to disk?