MapReduce >> mail # user >> Problem setting up 0.23 on a Cluster

Problem setting up 0.23 on a Cluster
Hi,

I am able to run 0.23 on a single node and trying to setup it on a cluster
and getting errors.

When I try to start the data nodes, I get the below errors. I have also
tried adding `export
HADOOP_LOG_DIR=/home/praveensripati/Installations/hadoop-0.23.0/logs` to
.bashrc and there hadn't been any change.

praveensripati@praveen-laptop:~/Installations/hadoop-0.23.0$
*sbin/hadoop-daemons.sh
start datanode*
praveen-laptop: mkdir: cannot create directory `/praveensripati':
Permission denied
praveen-laptop: chown: cannot access `/praveensripati/praveensripati': No
such file or directory
praveen-laptop: starting datanode, logging to
/praveensripati/praveensripati/hadoop-praveensripati-datanode-praveen-laptop.out
praveen-laptop:
/home/praveensripati/Installations/hadoop-0.23.0/sbin/hadoop-daemon.sh:
line 144:
/praveensripati/praveensripati/hadoop-praveensripati-datanode-praveen-laptop.out:
No such file or directory
ubuntu-guest: mkdir: cannot create directory `/praveensripati': Permission
denied
ubuntu-guest: chown: cannot access `/praveensripati/praveensripati': No
such file or directory
ubuntu-guest: starting datanode, logging to
/praveensripati/praveensripati/hadoop-praveensripati-datanode-ubuntu-guest.out
ubuntu-guest:
/home/praveensripati/Installations/hadoop-0.23.0/sbin/hadoop-daemon.sh:
line 143:
/praveensripati/praveensripati/hadoop-praveensripati-datanode-ubuntu-guest.out:
No such file or directory
praveen-laptop: head: cannot open
`/praveensripati/praveensripati/hadoop-praveensripati-datanode-praveen-laptop.out'
for reading: No such file or directory
ubuntu-guest: head: cannot open
`/praveensripati/praveensripati/hadoop-praveensripati-datanode-ubuntu-guest.out'
for reading: No such file or directory

When I try to start the node manager, I get the below errors

praveensripati@praveen-laptop:~/Installations/hadoop-0.23.0$
*bin/yarn-daemons.sh
start nodemanager*
cat: ~/home/praveensripati/Installations/hadoop-0.23.0/conf/slaves: No such
file or directory

Is there a bug in the code or am I missing some settings?

Regards,
Praveen