Kafka >> mail # dev >> Kafka 0.8 trial version

Re: Kafka 0.8 trial version
Following are the major changes -

1. Logical offsets

The design document is here:
  https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Keyed+Messages+Proposal

The JIRA has a number of technical details regarding the logical offsets:

2. Replication

The design document is here:
  https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Kafka+Replication

The JIRA has a number of technical details regarding replication:

Neha