Hadoop >> mail # user >> Exec hadoop from Java, reuse JVM (client-side)?

+
Keith Wiley 2012-08-01, 20:33
+
Dhruv 2012-08-01, 22:34
Re: Exec hadoop from Java, reuse JVM (client-side)?
Hmmm, at first glance that does appear to be similar to my situation.  I'll have to delve through it in detail to see if it squarely addresses (and fixes) my problem.  Mine is sporadic and I suspect dependent on the current memory situation (it isn't a deterministic and guaranteed failure).  I am not sure if that is true of the stackoverflow question you referenced...but it is certainly worth reading over.

Thanks.

On Aug 1, 2012, at 15:34 , Dhruv wrote:

> Is this related?
>
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1124771/how-to-solve-java-io-ioexception-error-12-cannot-allocate-memory-calling-run

"It's a fine line between meticulous and obsessive-compulsive and a slippery
rope between obsessive-compulsive and debilitatingly slow."
                                           --  Keith Wiley
Jim Donofrio 2012-08-02, 00:57
+
Keith Wiley 2012-08-02, 05:45