MapReduce >> mail # dev >> [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.0.4.1-alpha

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.0.5-alpha (rc2)
On Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 12:51 PM, Konstantin Boudnik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I have rolled out release candidate (rc2) for hadoop-2.0.5-alpha.
>
> The difference between rc1 and rc2 is the "optimistic release date" is set for
> 06/06/2013 in the CHANGES.txt files.
>
> The binary artifact is the same - there's no need to rebuild it. The maven
> artifacts are the same.
>
> The difference between the two RCs:
>
> svn diff \
>   https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/tags/release-2.0.5-alpha-rc1/ \
>   https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/tags/release-2.0.5-alpha-rc2/
>
> New RC builds are uploaded to the web.
> The RC is available at: http://people.apache.org/~cos/hadoop-2.0.5-alpha-rc2/
> The RC tag in svn is here: http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/tags/release-2.0.5-alpha-rc2
>
> I would like to extend the vote for another three days for it is such a minor
> change that doesn't affect anything but the recorded release date. Please
> cast your vote before 06/06/2013 5pm PDT.

+1 (non-binding).

Pulled into bigtop and built and all the supported platforms. Given the
triviality of the change I didn't ran the usual battery of tests, since it
has already been executed on previous RCs.

Thanks,
Roman.