Zookeeper >> mail # user >> Zookeeper performance

Re: Zookeeper performance
On Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 4:16 AM, Baskar Duraikannu
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> We are looking to use zookeeper for optimistic concurrency. Basically when the user saves data on a screen, we need to lock,  read to ensure that no one else has changed the row while user is editing data, persist data and unlock znode.

Why not use the built in optimistic locking that ZK provides? See the
"version" parameter here:
http://zookeeper.apache.org/doc/r3.4.5/api/org/apache/zookeeper/ZooKeeper.html#getData(java.lang.String,
boolean, org.apache.zookeeper.AsyncCallback.DataCallback,
java.lang.Object)
http://zookeeper.apache.org/doc/r3.4.5/api/org/apache/zookeeper/ZooKeeper.html#setData(java.lang.String,
byte[], int, org.apache.zookeeper.AsyncCallback.StatCallback,
java.lang.Object)

> If the app/thread does not get a lock, we may set a watch so that polling is avoided.
>
> Our application is write intensive certain times of the day. We may get about 100k requests per second.  Can zookeeper handle this volume?

Unlikely you'll see this level of performance:
http://zookeeper.apache.org/doc/r3.4.5/zookeeperOver.html#Performance

Patrick