Hadoop >> mail # user >> userlogs

A quick question about the user logs (hadoop 0.19.1).

I've looked all over HDFS.  I can't locate the actual userlogs.  Where are they stored?  I can get to them through the job tracker web interface, but I'd like to be able to script some jobs to check the logs for errors.  I suppose I could use curl against the web interface, but that seems like a hack.  Alternatively, is there command line access to the userlogs through the hadoop command?  I couldn't find anything like that.
Thanks for any tips...

Marc
Feeva Technology

PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL - NOTICE TO RECIPIENT: THIS E-MAIL IS MEANT FOR ONLY THE INTENDED RECIPIENT OF THE TRANSMISSION, AND MAY BE A COMMUNICATION PRIVILEGE BY LAW. IF YOU RECEIVED THIS E-MAIL IN ERROR, ANY REVIEW, USE, DISSEMINATION, DISTRIBUTION, OR COPYING OF THIS EMAIL IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED. PLEASE NOTIFY US IMMEDIATELY OF THE ERROR BY RETURN E-MAIL AND PLEASE DELETE THIS MESSAGE FROM YOUR SYSTEM.