HBase >> mail # dev >> HBASE-2182

I just posted a pretty early skeleton(
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-2182) on what I think a netty
based hbase client/server could look like.

Pros:

   - Faster
      - Giraph got a 3x perf improvement by droppping hadoop rpc
      - Asynhbase trounces our client when JD benchmarked them
   - Could encourage things to be a little more modular if everything isn't
   hanging directly off of HRegionServer
   - Netty is better about thread usage than hadoop rpc server.
   - Pretty easy to define an rpc protocol after all of the work on
   protobuf (Thanks everyone)
   - Decoupling the rpc server library from the hadoop library could allow
   us to rev the server code easier.
   - The filter model is very easy to work with.
      - Security can be just a single filter.
      - Logging can ba another
      - Stats can be another.

Cons:

   - Netty and non apache rpc server's don't play well togther.  They might
   be able to but I haven't gotten there yet.
   - Complexity
      - Two different servers in the src
      - Confusing users who don't know which to pick
   - Non-blocking could make the client a harder to write.
I'm really just trying to gauge what people think of the direction and if
it's still something that is wanted.  The code is a loooooong way from even
being a tech demo, and I'm not a netty expert, so suggestions would be
welcomed.

Thoughts ? Are people interested in this? Should I push this to my github
so other can help ?