Hive >> mail # user >> Describe extended shows number of rows as 0

+
Aishwarya Ganesan 2013-05-02, 14:24
+
Sanjay Subramanian 2013-05-02, 14:30
Re: Describe extended shows number of rows as 0
Also, When i run

ANALYZE TABLE lineitem1 COMPUTE STATISTICS FOR COLUMNS L_LINENUMBER;

and check the column statistics values, they are populated correctly. Only
number of row information is wrong. How is this possible?

On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 8:00 PM, Sanjay Subramanian <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  Not that it could be related but if possible setup a Mysql or similar
> serious datastore….that Hive can connect to…
>
>  Its possibly not prudent spending time to analyze problems caused  by
> derby metastore and with Mysql u can start doing some heavy duty stinging
> with Hive :-)
> Regards
> sanjay
>
>   From: Aishwarya Ganesan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: Thursday, May 2, 2013 7:24 AM
> To: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Describe extended shows number of rows as 0
>

> Hi,
>
> When  I run analyze table command and run describe extended command, it
> shows the number of rows as 0.
>
> Query: DESCRIBE EXTENDED lineitem1;
>
> Result:
>
> .......parameters:{numPartitions=0, numFiles=4,
> transient_lastDdlTime=1367502213, numRows=0, totalSize=3184, rawDataSize=0},
>
> My Settings:
>       <property>
>                 <name>javax.jdo.option.ConnectionURL</name>
>
> <value>jdbc:derby:;databaseName=/home/TempStatsStore;create=true</value>
>                 <description>JDBC connect string for a JDBC
> metastore</description>
>         </property>
>
> How to resolve this?
>

> Thanks,
> Aishwarya
>
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
> =====================> This email message and any attachments are for the exclusive use of the
> sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message along
> with any attachments, from your computer system. If you are the intended
> recipient, please be advised that the content of this message is subject to
> access, review and disclosure by the sender's Email System Administrator.

Aishwarya
+
Aishwarya Ganesan 2013-05-03, 06:49