Hadoop >> mail # general >> [DISCUSSION] Release rules

[DISCUSSION] Release rules
One year ago (to the day!) Chris started a discussion about the
release manager role
(http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/hadoop-general/201005.mbox/%[EMAIL PROTECTED]%3E).
In light of today's disagreements, I think we should restart this
discussion and incorporate these rules into the bylaws, since it
formalizes our practices.

I'm happy to drive this. We could start by discussing Chris' proposal
(see clarifications in
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/hadoop-general/201005.mbox/%[EMAIL PROTECTED]%3E),
then when we get consensus we can put the document on the website.
(BTW does anyone know if the bylaws were checked into SVN anywhere?
These belong together.)

Cheers,
Tom