Hadoop >> mail # dev >> [VOTE] Plan to create release candidate Monday 3/18

[VOTE] Plan to create release candidate Monday 3/18
Hi all,
I have created branch-1.2 from branch-1, and propose to cut the first
release candidate for 1.2.0 on Monday 3/18 (a week from tomorrow), or as
soon thereafter as I can achieve a stable build.

Between 1.1.2 and the current 1.2.0, there are 176 patches!!  Draft release
notes are available at .../branch-1.2/src/docs/releasenotes.html in the
sources.

Any non-destabilizing patches committed to branch-1.2 during the coming
week (and of course also committed to branch-1) will be included in the RC.
 However, at this point I request that any big new developments not yet in
branch-1.2 be targeted for 1.3.

Release plans have to be voted on too, so please vote '+1' to approve this
plan.  Voting will close on Sunday 3/17 at 8:30pm PDT.

Thanks,
--Matt
(release manager)
+