Hadoop >> mail # user >> Tom White's book, 2nd ed.  Which API?

Re: Tom White's book, 2nd ed. Which API?
Thanks everyone.  I knew about the upcoming third edition.  I'm not sure I want to wait until May to learn the "new" API (pretty old actually).  I'd like to find a resource that goes through the new API.  I realize Tom White's examples are offered with the new API online, I was just hoping for something more explicitly instructional.

I'll figure something out.

Cheers!

On Feb 6, 2012, at 09:34 , Richard Nadeau wrote:

> If you're looking to buy the 2nd edition you might want to wait, the third
> edition is in the works now.
>
> Regards,
> Rick
> On Feb 6, 2012 10:24 AM, "W.P. McNeill" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> The second edition of Tom White's *Hadoop: The Definitive
>> Guide<http://www.librarything.com/work/book/72181963>
>> * uses the old API for its examples, though it does contain a brief
>> two-page overview of the new API.
>>
>> The first edition is all old API.

                                           --  Yoda