Hadoop >> mail # user >> Is it okay to upgrade from CDH3U2 to hadoop 1.0.2 and hbase 0.92.1?

Re: Is it okay to upgrade from CDH3U2 to hadoop 1.0.2 and hbase 0.92.1?
I think that you should follow the CDH4 Beta 2 docs, specifically the
know issues for this version:
https://ccp.cloudera.com/display/CDH4B2/Known+Issues+and+Work+Arounds+in+CDH4

Then, you should see the HBase installation and upgrading on this version:
https://ccp.cloudera.com/display/CDH4B2/HBase+Installation#HBaseInstallation-InstallingHBase

Another thing that you keep in mind is that with HBase 0.92.1, you
should restart your cluster because
the wire protocol changed from 0.90 to 0.92, so, the rolling restarts do
not work here.

Best wishes

On 05/21/2012 10:44 PM, edward choi wrote:
> Hi,
> I have used CDH3U2 for almost a year now. Since it is a quite old
> distribution, there are certain glitches that keep bothering me.
> So I was considering upgrading to Hadoop 1.0.3 and Hbase 0.92.1.
>
> My concern is that, if it is okay to just install the new packages and set
> the configurations the same as before?
> Or do I need to download all the files on HDFS to local hard drive and
> upload them again once the new packages are installed? (that would be a
> horrible job to do though)
> Any advice will be helpful.
> Thanks.
>
> Ed

> http://www.uci.cu

Marcos Luis Ort�z Valmaseda
  Data Engineer&&  Sr. System Administrator at UCI
  http://marcosluis2186.posterous.com
  http://www.linkedin.com/in/marcosluis2186
  Twitter: @marcosluis2186

http://www.uci.cu