Hadoop >> mail # user >> log files on the cluster?

+
Mark Kerzner 2009-11-27, 00:58
+
Siddu 2009-11-27, 04:43
+
Mark Kerzner 2009-11-27, 04:52
Re: log files on the cluster?
Hey,

If you're running Cloudera's Distribution for Hadoop (CDH) and looking for
log files, you may find the following blog post useful:
http://www.cloudera.com/blog/2009/09/15/apache-hadoop-log-files-where-to-find-them-in-cdh-and-what-info-they-contain/
.

Regards,
Jeff

On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 8:52 PM, Mark Kerzner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thank you, that pretty much does it, the logs on EC2 are in
> /mnt/hadoop/logs
>
> On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 10:43 PM, Siddu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 6:28 AM, Mark Kerzner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > it is probably described somewhere in the manuals, but
> > >

> > >   1. Where are the log files, especially those that show my
> > >   System.out.println() and errors; and
> > >
> > Look at the logs directory ...
> >
> > >   2. Do I need to log in to every machine on the cluster?
> > >
> > Try the WEB UI interface though i am not sure
> >
> > > Thank you,
> > > Mark
> > >

> > --
> > Regards,
> > ~Sid~
> > I have never met a man so ignorant that i couldn't learn something from
> him

+
Mark Kerzner 2009-11-29, 17:56